Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Tour Part 4--Master bedroom and Summer Bedding

Welcome back to another addition of my home tour. I personally think the rest of the tour isn't all that exciting as what has already been seen. I also think that my bedroom really hasn't gone through a huge dramatic change.

My bedroom started out as a huge storage area while we were remodeling the front of the house. In fact, while we nearly gutted the house (you saw the pictures on previous posts) we (Eduardo, myself, three cats and one dog) lived in two small rooms. This was HARD!

Here you can see that it was a bunch of junk. You can also see the lovely popcorn/cottage cheese ceiling and the horrid carpets.
More junk.
Nice look at the window at the back door in the other room. Please notice that there is no door. There were no doors inside the house to either of the bedrooms and the bathroom door opened out into the hall. (STUPID!) I do wish that I had taken actual before shots.


Then a year or so after we moved in we painted and I set up the room as the main daycare room. While we used what is now Livy's room as our room.



Then we got smart and decided that I wanted the larger room. Plus I wanted to upgrade from a full size bed and get actual furniture that I needed a larger room.

This is how my bedroom normally looks. Yes, that is a freezer in my room. I had to put it somewhere until I was able to put it in the garage. I felt so "unclassy" for a while.


So in this post I was asking about summer bedding and this is what I ended up with. I'm still not sure about it. I love the blue and chocolate and I really wanted a bit of a change from the rich gold and red. What do you think?


This is George. He is about the only thing that I have that matches my new temporary colors for my room.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys have done a ton of work on your home! Your bedroom looks great!
    Have a nice day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicol,
    George is cuttie:) Don't forget to post about Pay It Forward so other gals can play.Thanks. Deb

    Or did I miss the post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goege is lovely! I really love chocolate and blue, I love chocolate anything!!! Houses here in Utah are ridiculous. Our home has gone up probobly 60 thousand since we bought it, three years ago. It is a tiny house 1400 sq ft, but for right now it's perfect. I admire your wanting to be at home. I like you, truly feel like that is where I need to be. Even when my kids are at school, I think it gives them some comfort to know that I am at home if they ever need me. I loved coming home from school and having my mom there to greet me. I'm very blessed to be able to be at home. For awhile I taught flute lessons to try and help. I admire anyone who does daycare, it's a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great, and George is too cute!

    ReplyDelete