Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pocoyo

I really try to limit TV. I feel that there is so much more for a child to do besides watch TV but occassionally there is a time when it is really nice to put on a show. Livy goes through a whiney phase every evening at 430p, just as I am preparing dinner. She wants to be held and I need to stir something or put something into the oven....never fails. So I will ask Livy if she wants to watch a show and she would get very excited. At least I thought she was excited until I introduced Pocoyo to her. Now when she sees it, she squeals, claps and laughs with such joy.

Pocoyo is a European show in the UK and Spain. This is great for us because she can watch the show in Spanish. Eduardo has been watching each 7 minute segment with her, explaining to her in Spanish exactly what Pocoyo is doing.

So here is Pocoyo...

English


Spanish

5 comments:

  1. I love POCOYO! The castillan accents are kind of funny, but my daughter enjoys it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Pocoyo, although I think it is on CBeebies here. Looks great for reinforcing Spanish though. I used to learn bits of Spanish from Sesame Street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute! What a great way to get a small break for you, while Livy gets some Spanish practice. We don't let Love Bug watch TV and it's paid off. We can now turn it on occasionally and she doesn't even want to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you take Livy to a playgroup with Spanish-speaking children? I took La Fille to children's groups in London and it worked wonders for her English. Apparently kids sometimes rebel against a language being imposed by adults but are very influenced by what language other their age speak.
    Just a thought.
    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Pocoyo fan here! My 5 year old son and I watch it together.

    ReplyDelete