Friday, August 1, 2008

I love the mountains!

I love the fact that I have a part of the Rocky Mountains in my "backyard". I can get to several canyons in only 15 minutes (driving side streets). With this wonderful playground so close, it is a shame that we only get out of the city once,maybe twice a year.

Sunday we heading up Millcreek Canyon for a drive. Once up there I wondered why I didn't go up more often. The air was fresh and it was cool, only 71 degrees.

Not too far up the canyon is an area with a small boardwalk following Millcreek. We got out and took a stroll.

Livy pointing to Millcreek, very excited to find the water and rocks.
Livy and I watching the water. She continuously watched the water and would say "down, down". Yes, Livy the water is going down. She was fascinated by it.

We headed further up the road to a less crowded area and more trees. Livy was excited to get down to explore and I was happy to see her playing in the dirt. Should I not be? I want Livy to explore everything around her. Naturally I won't let her touch things that could hurt her, but why not let her swift her figures through the dry dirt or touch the smooth wet surface of a rock in the creek?

In the last area there was a bridge over the creek. Livy was ecstatic about dropping rocks over the edge into the water below.

After a fun family outing, I am considered giving in to Eduardo and getting a tent-trailer and taking Livy camping.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you don't need a trailer! ;)

    I think it's funny she loved to throw rocks in the water. I guess it's not a 'boy' thing, but a little kid thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky to live so close to these gorgeous mountains!

    Sounds like you had a fun time. Oh and you so don't need a tent trailer :) a tent works perfectly fine, jk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day, you got some cute pictures. I love your garden, I'm not sure our's will produce anything, maybe I just need to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicol,
    Did you win anything in the Bloggy Giveaway this time? I won a few things...a t-shirt, a doll quilt, baby knee pads, and potholders. There were so many giveaways this time around. And, a lot of them don't end until much later than usual. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kathy
    www.xanga.com/hillsfam

    ReplyDelete