Friday, July 18, 2008

Living room part 2

These are some of my favorite things in my living room.

I LOVE old books. These are old school readers from the late 1800s. Stacking candles on top is a great way to add some depth to a room.




Meet Mr. Shakey aka William Shakespeare. My sister found a bag of clothes on the curb and in it was this bust. She didn't want it and if I remember correctly she thought he was rather ugly. My sweet husband doesn't like him either, but I LOVE him. He sits on the floor next to the TV armoir.




I also LOVE blue and white china. My mother had a tea pot in the same pattern that once belonged to her grandmother. I found this at an antique store.




More old books. On top of the TV armoir is the above blue tea cup as well as a large leather-like hat box (given to me by my in-laws for my stamps). I love the old school readers and Shakespeare plays and it is even better with a mini Eiffel tower on top.




I have shown my vase that was brought back by Eduardo on a recent business trip once before. I enjoy it so much that it must be showcased once more.


In the living room entering into the kitchen I have this above the doorway.

And my favorite tassel hanging on the armoirs knobs. See it here.

Make sure you scroll down to the previous post (comments always welcomes anywhere) for the transformation of this room!

5 comments:

  1. Nice!!! Boy those before and after shots are incredible. Sorry I haven't commented in a while; things at work have gotten really busy. But I follow your blog by way of blogreader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little details... beautiful! When you read on and see the transformation, it is really amazing. What a great job you all did redoing the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house seems so inviting. My mom loves blue and white too, and she has blue and white dishes from all over (France, Brazil, Mexico..) hanging in the kitchen. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the bust of old Billy Waggadagger!

    ReplyDelete