Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kitchen part 2--Favorite Things

"Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kitten....."

Here are a few of my favorite things in my kitchen.


We opted for a ceiling fan in the kitchen to help the air circulate through the house. I know that some people hate ceiling fan and honestly I don't care for them either, except I love this one. It is different then a typical fan, a little fancier you might say.


My metal rooster over the sink. I found a great deal on this bird and simply love how it feels in the empty space above the sink.


I love the fancy oils in bottles. I know that I should really use them (they probably are no good at this point) but I don't want to ruin them.


You are probably thinking....you love your sink?! I love it when it is empty and shiny! Look at that shine and this is in a house with horrible hard water! (Someday I will have a water softener!) I was going to let you in on my secret on how to get your stainless steal sink to look super shiny! It takes 10 seconds after you clean it and very little elbow grease. Perhaps I will save that for tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I love your ceiling fan... that might be a first for me too, since I usually hate them. My whole sink area, even under the drying rack, is stainless steel and I hate it. I can keep mine clean (since I'm obsessed like you), but I can't wait for your tips on cleaning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your roosters! I just added more rooster things to my kitchen last week.
    Have a nice night!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your fan and the wood around your rooster match... sweet... lookin' good... Susie h~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by earlier.
    We have that exact fan in our master bedroom & I love it.

    Also love seeing the pics of your kitchen - I'm nosey that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog and cute pics too. How fun! I have a Rooster Rug at the front door. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the rooster! I was in Micheal's today and saw an entire collection of rooster decorations that were 70% off!!! They never have their stuff marked down that much. I am waiting to know your "shiny sink" secret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to that shiny sink tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ceiling fan, too. Alan was quite put off by the fact that it took me four years to find a ceiling fan I wanted in our bedroom. I, too, am a big fan of "something different" without being weird. Also, my sink is not stainless steel, but I'm hoping your tip will work for me, too!

    ReplyDelete