Thursday, July 24, 2008

Livy's Room--Part 2--Favorite Things

Here are a few of my favorite things in Livy's room.



Netted Butterflies hanging in several places in her room. She used to stare at these when she was new and later I would ask where the butterflies were at and she would search the room for them.




I love this clock! I found it important to have a clock in the nursery so I knew what time it was. Naturally! I started out with a travel alarm clock until I found this one at Pottery Barn Kids, where else!



I showed this print that I made back in June. I collect used postage stamps from all over the world. I took several butterfly stamps and put them together on a bright pink paper. Framed it and hung by a ribbon to finish the look. I simply love the one of a kind art work that I made for her.

4 comments:

  1. Kids rooms are so hard! I never thought it would be because I had millions of ideas, but putting them into real life was something else. I think you have done a great job with her room so far and I can't wait to see what it looks like after you paint!

    Oh, and now that you mention it, a clock in the nursery would be a good idea. I can't believe I've never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your butterfly "arwork"! I am not gifted in drawing or painting. Your idea is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet room! I like how you put together the butterfly stamps!
    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete