Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New decorating style?

I am always trying to find new ways to decorate my house and I think that I have finally hit the jack-pot! Here are some tips on how to achieve the same look for no money! Child and cat in bedroom, optional.

Move everything from two closet floors to the main living area. Make sure to block the TV armour and the front window. Also make sure that everyone passing your house and see the objects stacked on the coffee table (behind white containers used for toys) from the street and as they enter make sure to point out your new decorating style. They will be examining it very enviously.
In the Master bedroom, strip the bed and take everything off of dressers, cedar chest and night stands. In fact move one night stand to the main living area for a more dramatic effect. Child and cat are the only additions you need for this room. Forget about wall decorations....never got around to getting them up in the first place, no need for them now.
This is my favorite tip. Move the safe from your bedroom closet to the kitchen. Place it the most awkward place in front of the pantry. Trip on it through out the day. Do not try to move it any further, it is too heavy.

Okay, this isn't a new decorating style. I am having the carpets, couches, mattresses cleaned today and that means I have to practically move entire rooms to other rooms. Eduardo said last night that since we practically have everything packed, why not move. I think that I want to enjoy the clean carpets.

3 comments:

  1. Yes I have done this before, what a familiar site! Isn't it fun spending your day tripping over all of our belongings? When we moved it was a nightmare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'll soon have to do an addendum to this when we get our carpets cleaned--it could be titled "How to fit your entire living room into your kitchen so you can't use anything from either." :) I'm jealous yours is getting cleaned sooner, though! Ours needs it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please pass on some of your "clean" genes to me...please...please...I'm desperate!

    ReplyDelete