Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Test Results and sick baby

I received a phone call yesterday evening from my doctor's office saying that my test results were in and they wanted me to come in to discus them.  Okay, this made me a little nervous.  In the past, doctors will tell me over the phone that everything is normal.  I kind of associate a visit with equaling bad news.

I slept horrible last night but that would be expected with a baby who vomited at least 5 times in the night.  Poor Lucy couldn't keep anything down.  It got to a point where she didn't want to nurse but simply be rocked and held close.  A few times she would reach for my hand and place it on her head signalling me to message her head.  She is a very touchy child.

When I was expected to have my children dressed, fed and out the door at 9am for my appointment I wasn't too sure if it would happen.  I ended up waking both girls at 8:30a.  Once at the clinic I waited for over an hour (with my sick baby) to get my results.  Everything came back normal.  Which is a relief that I'm still healthy and that I don't have sleep apnea.  The doctor wanted to discus the next options with my fatigue.

He asked more questions and came up with a plan.  I told him that I just want to function every day.  No more feeling tired or nervous to drive because I might fall sleep at the wheel. Sounds horrible but I haven't done well on long distance trips for while.  I also want to think again.  The best way to describe how I think is that it is surface thinking.  I can't handle any deep thoughts, reading anything complicated or even light as a matter of fact, my memory is shot and I can't plan things.  See I just want to function!

So we're going to try a sleeping aid for a while to see if that helps.  Then on to a medication for restless leg syndrome which I've had since I was pregnant with Olivia.   That could cause me to wake up too many times and thus not getting the sleep that I need.  After that if nothing has helped I will be sent in for a sleep study.  This does not sound like a good night sleep when you're hooked up to wires and monitors with a camera watching you while you try to sleep.  Yes they would give you something to help you sleep, but not a nice thought.  I hope that something will work before that.  We're talking about trying a new mattress and maybe change something in my room to help.  Whatever it takes for a good night of sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor little lucy! Emmy is sick as well, I am hoping it doesn't last long because after today I am totally worn out. Goodluck on sleeping better I hope the sleep aid helps :)

    ReplyDelete