Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Grandmother

Edith Blamires Falkner

Today is my grandmother's birthday; she would have been 85 years old.  I never had the opportunity to know her since she died when I was 8 months old but I often think about how my life would have been different to have had her (or any grandparents in that fact) in my life.  I can't focus on the "what ifs" and "could have beens" in life.  Instead I love to hear stories about my family and look at their pictures.  I want to feel in some way to know who they are.  This doesn't go just for my grandmother but all my ancestors.  I have a deep love for them and I desire to know them and I hope in return they are getting to know me and my children as well.

I look forward to that when I will be reunited with my family and the embraces we will share.  That will be a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment