Friday, December 3, 2010

Sleep

Sleep is a tender subject in my house.  It's something that I've seen very little of over the past two years.  First with pregnancy than new baby.  Now that Lucy is 13 months I should finally be sleeping.  She gives me these wonderful hope; like a few nights with uninterrupted sleep and I think, "Yes!  We're finally sleeping through the night!"  Then she'll start to wake up once in the night for no reason again.

We've hit it again where I'm getting little sleep.  I'm tired and irritable.  But my problem isn't always with Lucy.  This week at least 3 night have been Olivia waking over odd things.  Last night she had a meltdown at 12:30a, long after I had been asleep, about the mini Christmas Tree in her room being turned off.  I was a good mommy and told how we needed to have it turned off and sent her back to bed.  Half hour later she was in her room wailing about her tree.  Frustrated and angry I turned the stupid tree on.  The rest of the night I would wake up thinking that I heard her crying again or that it was Lucy woken up from Olivia loud protests.  Thankfully they would be asleep but it resulted in a long and sleepless night for me.

I'm in the process of weaning Lucy which I am failing miserably at.  I hope that once she is no longer demanding any nursings that she'll sleep better.  I'm trying to get her to take cups of milk throughout the day to replace me but she doesn't want it.  (She only wants to drink water and since we're trying to get her weight up she can not have water.  I will mention here she has gained one pound in the last month!)  I will eventually get something figured out.

Now I must hope not to be an "angry mama" today with the few hours of sleep that I got.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling with you! I had a miserable night last night, too. For the last 4 weeks I had a cough that I just don't seem to get rid of. Last night Christian got angry at me for coughing so much while he wanted to sleep. In addition to that my coughing woke up Philipp, so I had to get up twice. Finally I went downstairs and slept in Fynn's bed (who is with his father this weekend) and we were all able to sleep until 8.30 this morning!
    And I know about the weight problem. With Philipp it's the same. He was quite heavy when he was born, but right after that he lost some of this weight and has been underweight ever since. Fortunately he loves milk, so he get's about 2 cups every morning and every evening. In case he wakes up in the middle of the night I give him another cup then, too.

    ReplyDelete