Thursday, December 9, 2010

Olivia's first Concert

Tonight I had a special treat just for Olivia.  We got ourselves all dressed up and went to a Christmas concert preformed by our local high school guitar ensemble and orchestra.  Yes, we were over dressed compared to the parents and friends in their jeans and t-shirts, but I want to teach Olivia that it's fun to dress up and that are special occasions when you should.

Before we left the house I told her that we were going to a concert.  With her eyes gleaming she said over and over, "I'm so excited!  I'm so excited!"

She watched the entire program with such enthusiasm and clapped heartily after each performance.  Several times she would stand up after each song and say, "Yay! You did it!"

I know that she had a wonderful time and loved seeing the instruments.  I know that she was waiting for a harp (she tells me that she is going to play the harp) and was a little disappointed that there wasn't one.  In a few years when she's old enough, I'll take her to the actual symphony to see the harps.


1 comment: