Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Christmas Decorations

I finally got all of our Christmas decoration out and thought I would share them with you!

Our front door with the wreath that I made several years ago.

Inside of the window on the door is a wood ornament that my penpal, Constance, in Germany sent me.

From the front door looking in.

Our Christmas Tree

Mantle with the garland that I made.  We'll hand up stocking on Christmas Eve.  I'm afraid of Lucy pulling them down.

Fireplace.  One of my favorite places to sit this time of year.

Another view from the front door.

On the cedar chest I put out several child friendly nativities for the girls to play with.  This one is finger puppets and Lucy loves to pack it around.  She gets such a happy look on her face when she has them sitting on her fingers.

One that Olivia loves to play with although Joseph no longer has legs.

A paper one that was actually a Christmas card.  I thought it was nice that the card could be reused.

I typically put my nice nativity on the cedar chest, but I fear it being broken.  So up on the shelf it went.  I wish I had room for the wise men and such.

Every year I purchase the girls a new ornament.  Something that they are interested in or to remind us of a vacation.

I purchased the moose ornaments while we visited Mount Rushmore back in August.

Mr. Peeps, our elf that watches and reports back to Santa any good or bad deeds.

Mistletoe! 

A mini Christmas Tree that I decorated and put in Olivia's room.  I'll do the same for Lucy in the future.

I made this Nativity just this past month and thought it would be perfect in Olivia's room.  I want her to have a reminder as why we celebrate this holiday.  She does focus too much on Santa and I want to change that.

I had the girl's pictures taken in their Christmas dresses and had to get them hung up.

My lonely Nutcracker 

Our Advent.  We have had some fun activities already this year!

I purchased this candle at the DI for a quarter.  If you look closely there are number on the candle.  Every night you are suppose to burn it down to the next number.  I thought it wasn't a bad idea and especially at the price I paid. I have been a little lazy with it and perhaps this will not be a tradition we stick with. I also have my wax warmer on with a holiday scent.


Have you finished decorating for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. It all is beautiful Nicol!
    Here we wait until the 24th before we put up our tree. But I think if we had more room in our apartment I'd love to decorate it earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of your decorations Nicol, you allways inspire me with your good ideas! I can't wait to find more christmas decorations for my house.

    ReplyDelete