Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I can't say that I love to cook/bake or that I do it every year for Christmas.  I don't mind baking and cooking occasionally but it's not something that I really love doing.  I want to change that so every once in a while I branch out and make something.

The simple joy that my children get from decorating cookies is a reason why I choose to do a little baking.  I made two different kinds of cookies to take to our neighbors and friends.  For those not from here, traditionally this time of year people will take small gifts or plates of goodies to neighbors.  I live in an area where practically everyone gives you things.  There was one night this month where we came home to 5 different plates of goodies on our door step.  So in return I baked up some sugar cookies and some gingerbread cookies that we will deliver this week.

Olivia decorated a few that we saved for our little family to eat.  

Sugar cookies all decked out.


Gingerbread cookies all ready to go out.  I decided to keep the frosting minimal because I love the taste of these cookies so much!

  
I still haven't found a good sugar cookie recipe that I love so I won't share the one that I used.  You can find the gingerbread recipe from this post last year.

2 comments: