Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Letters From Santa

The girls received letters from Santa earlier this month and I want to share what they said.



Dear Olivia,
Merry Christmas from the North Pole! I just finished feeding the reindeer and decided to write a few of the children on my good list while I have a nice cup of hot cocoa. You have been a very good girl this year and I wanted to let you know that I've noticed. I'll be flying in my magic sleigh straight to your home in Eagle Mountain on Christmas Eve to leave you a very special gift! 


The elves and I have been busy getting toys ready to deliver all over the world. The Christmas countdown clock is ticking in the middle of Santa's toy shop and we have toy making elves and wrapping elves working hard to prepare gifts for good children. To make things extra special we play Christmas music throughout the workshop and take hot cocoa breaks often. (The elves like to mix their hot cocoa with a candy cane to add a little peppermint flavor.) We have been thinking a lot about what you might like this year. I received your letter and it said that you’d like a pink mermaid with a dolphin.  I'll see what I can do.


Thank you for your great effort to be the best girl you could be! Santa notices when good children try hard to become better and better every year. It's been fun to watch you grow up. Be sure to keep up the good work. My special elves, like Mr. Peeps, are always watching.  Just keep obeying your mom and helping Lucy like you have been and I'll visit you soon.


Oh, I almost forgot - will you please tell Hannah hello for me? I try to write boys and girls every year but I don't get to every single one and I want Hannah to remember to be good too! Also, will you please tell Chase what the true meaning of Christmas is? It is so fun to deliver gifts all over the world but the real gift of Christmas was our Savior Jesus Christ. He came to earth and led a perfect life and set the example for all of us to follow - even me, Santa! I like to help families celebrate Christmas but even Mrs. Claus and I take time to remember the little babe born in a manger who did so much for me. As you go enjoy the month of December, please remember to do a few good things for others. I hope you will have time to serve someone, be kind and loving, and thankful for all of the blessings that you have.


I need to go have dinner now. Mrs. Claus fixed a great feast with all of my favorite trimmings. She even made that red Jell-O stuff with marshmallows - mmmm. I love marshmallows. Don't forget to feed Sam, Dafny and Missi on Christmas Eve. Hungry pets don't like it when they hear me eat those yummy cookies after I'm finished leaving gifts. Have a wonderful Christmas season and be sure to get to bed early on Christmas Eve. You can check out where I am on Christmas Eve by visiting www.noradsanta.org.


Merry Christmas,


Santa







Dear Lucy,

Merry Christmas!  One year old!  What a big girl you are.  It’s almost Christmas and everyone here at the North Pole is very busy.  The elves are putting the finishing touches on the toys and Rudolf is polishing his nose.

I was so proud of you when you helped pick up toys.  That was great! 

I’ve checked my list twice and see that you have been a very good girl.  That is important to try to do better every day.  I received your letter and you said that you wanted a blue mermaid.  I’ll see what I can do.

Your parents have been doing a wonderful job at teaching you about Jesus.  Listen very carefully to what they tell you.  Jesus is very important and he is the reason that we celebrate Christmas!

Don’t forget to go to bed early on Christmas Eve and to sleep all night.  I can only come and visit your house in Eagle Mountain if you are asleep. 

Mrs. Claus, the elves and reindeer would like to wish you a Merry Christmas too!


Love,

Santa




1 comment:

  1. Very sweet letters, very personalized. I love that Santa talks about the "true meaning of Christmas" and that he and Mrs. Claus take time to think about Jesus Christ during this season.

    ReplyDelete