Monday, December 21, 2009

On the Twenty-First Day of Christmas

Make a Gingerbread House

This was one activity I wasn't too sure about. I kept thinking to myself that this is going to turn into a huge mess and fight with the candy and icing. Luckily, it was a simple project (I really like those) with very few problems.

I was given a gingerbread house kit after Christmas last year and ended up putting it away. Pulling it out this year, with the cookies smelling like cardboard, I knew it was still good enough to assemble. Since it was so old, I absolutely did not want Livy eating any of it. She did excellent at not sampling it.

Livy took her time adding each piece of candy to their proper places. The focus she had was great.

This is an activity that we will repeat next year (with a new kit)!



To see the other activities that we have done to countdown to Christmas: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19, Day 20

2 comments:

  1. I love decorating gingerbread houses. We did it last year at my parents and when we got home the kids put their house on the counter then turned to our elf and told him not to eat any. It was pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice activity! I can't wait to do that with my son!! Little Lucy don't lokk like her big sister!!! They are soo cute! Did you receive my gift and the girls gift???

    ReplyDelete