Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Traditions: Pillowcases

Last year I was inspired by several ideas in the book "Twelve Days of Christmas: Ideas for a More Meaningful Holiday Season." One idea was to give each person a special Christmas pillowcase. I thought, what a wonderful idea but why limit it just to Christmas?!

In my mind I thought as a child, eager and excited to sleep on a special pillowcase only brought out once a year. Something that would remind me of traditions and special celebrations. I want this for my children so slowly this year I have created several pillowcases for Livy. (Valentines, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween).

To continue the magic I hope my children feel around the various holidays, I finally made Livy a Christmas pillowcase.

Livy literally couldn't wait to try it out.

2 comments: