Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the First Day of Christmas

Today is the start of our Christmas countdown. Last night I brought out the advents and tried to explain to Livy just how it worked. I'm not sure how much she caught on, but once we start doing the activities, I'm sure she'll love it.

Check out the tutorial on how to make this advent calendar. (The pictures never seem to do it justice!)

This month I plan on sharing with you the simple activities that we are doing to countdown to Christmas. Some activities we will do together as a family and other activities we'll do during the day. (I don't think my sweetheart wants his toenails painted!) My hope is that this will bring excitement for Livy and cherished memories for the future.

On the First Day of Christmas...



Write letters to Santa!

Livy has been talking for months on writing a letter to Santa. Today was the big day that she was finally able to ask Santa for a horse. Thankfully I talked her into only asking for a toy horse!



Her letter


One excited little girl off to the mailbox.

Perhaps Santa will reply to her letter, we'll wait and see. :)

Have you started your advent activities? If so, what are you doing for today?

5 comments:

  1. Now that's a beautiful advent calendar! Here we have just put the envelopes in a basket ;)
    Writing letter to Santa seems like so much fun.
    We've been making paper snowflakes to decorate our kitchen window today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your matchbox advent calendar idea & just finished mine (using your prototype)! I am so proud of them, thanks for the great idea. Did you ever come up with a use for all of those matches???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You should make these as gifts! Or host a giveaway with one! And I'm not opposed to getting one too since it's my idea... haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful advent calendar! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete