Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Recap

I neglected to post our countdown to Christmas for days 23 and 24. I was busy spending time with my family and then I got hit with a clean everything out and get rid of it all bug.

For our advent, Day 23 was simply spent together.

Day 24 was Christmas Eve and that meant our Christmas Eve celebration. Eduardo had the day off so we were able to spend the day together. That evening we took our annual pictures in front of the Christmas Tree. It was difficult selecting one. Either Lucy was crying or looking away from the camera or Livy was acting silly.
Eduardo is a fantastic cook and made us a feast! After dinner he read to us from the Bible the Christmas story. Livy didn't do very well listening, but it's something. I know that she will get better listening to the scriptures with time.

Finally it was time for Livy to open one present. As a tradition from my childhood, we always opened one gift on Christmas Eve and it was always new pajamas. I remember complaining as a child that we didn't want new pajamas but there was something special about going to bed and waiting Santa's arrival in new PJs.

Soon it was time for bed. We set out milk and cookies and put one very excited little girl to bed. Surprisingly, there were no protests and sleep found Livy quickly.

Eduardo and I stayed up and played a new game together, Ticket to Ride. Fun game, quick play and fast to learn. I kept an eye on NORAD waiting for Santa to be nearing us so we could head to bed. Livy was too young this year to understand tracking Santa, but I sure had fun with it!

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. all sounds lovely xx

    ps did you mean this kind of bug : http://kelloggsville.blogspot.com/2009/12/decant-decant.html : if you do then I am so pleased I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. Glad you had a lovely Christmas with your family. We also followed Father Christmas on NORAD and sent daughter to bed as he approached Europe.

    All the best for 2010,WM x

    PS Answered your question about Christmas cake on the comments on my post http://workingmumonverge.blogspot.com/2009/12/very-merry-merry-merry-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Christmas :D I really like your family picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture turned out really cute. That's a fun tradition. We bought ticket to ride also but as a gift for the in-laws so we did play it on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete