Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On the Eighth Day of Christmas


The Nativity


I remember last year, Livy loving to look at and play with my nativity. At 21 months of age, I knew that she didn't truly understand what it was about. So to make this year special, we did more than just set up the nativity.

The area in my living room where I have the nativity set up has been empty since we put up our decorations. I intended for this to be the last decoration to be set up and wanted it to be special. This evening we sat down together as a family and read one of Livy's books on the nativity. (We're saving to tell the story from the bible for Christmas Eve.) After reading and discussing it, we took out each piece to set up. I truly think this had a greater impact on Livy then simply setting up the set.




To see the other activities that we have done to countdown to Christmas: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7

2 comments:

  1. I bought a small play nativity set last year. My 2 year old has not put it down after I pulled it out of the box a few days ago. My other children love it too. There is something magical about the story. Almost like they already know!
    http://www.wheelsonthebusgoroundandround.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to teach younger kids what Christmas is about. I'll have to borrow this idea when my time comes! :)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete