Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the Twentieth Day of Christmas

Attend our Family Christmas Party

This evening we attended my family's annual Christmas Party. For several years we make homemade gifts to give out. I must say that I have some pretty talented people in my family! My homemade jam (which is super yummy) was nothing compared to the gifts given out this year!

Livy received this from her Grandma. At first it looks like a crocheted bag until you open it.


Inside you find a small baby doll and a blanket. The bag then turns into a bed.

Also from my mom, Lucy received the beautiful purple blanket which matches her room. The multi-colored blanket came in the mail from my aunt.

My sister and her girls made these simple but adorable mushrooms. The top is a sea shell and the bottom drift wood from their vacation to Hawaii. The picture doesn't do it justice! This little guy is a perfect decoration in a houseplant.

For my nieces, my mom made backpacks


And fish bags


I love knowing that thought went into each of these gifts and very little money was spent.



To see the other activities that we have done to countdown to Christmas: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a talented family you have!! I sure wish people in my family could make things...and then were generous with their talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of talent - sure makes the holidays more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your homemade jam...thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is talented. I love how your family does homemade gifts for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet and thoughful, not to mention usable. I'm with you, I love a homemade gift.

    ReplyDelete