Friday, February 3, 2012

Selling Our House

It's official!  We have placed our house for sale.  Ed has decided to go back to the university for a graduate program and doesn't want to drive over an hour each way to increase his education.  So we made the difficult decision to place our beautiful house for sale and move back to the big city.  I'm looking forward to this for a few small reasons namely to have a decent library, grocery stores nearer (currently I drive 9 miles to the nearest store) and tons of places for my children to enjoy.

Last week we went and looked at the student family housing near campus and left feeling disappointed. I know it will all work out and thankfully it's only going to be for 2 years.  I have owned a house for the past 10 years and it will be hard going to a space that isn't fully my own.  But this will open doors for our family!

Ed took the GRE last week and did pretty good.  He won't have the official results for a few weeks.  In two weeks he will be taking the FSOT once again (Foreign Service Officer Test).  He passed it last year but didn't move on pass the personal narrative questions.  I am still hopeful that this is something for our family!

My first look at the campus housing.  There are worse things in life and it will only be for 2 years.  I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. You will definitely learn the art of downsizing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the law school apartments I lived in. Good luck. It's less in terms of cleaning, but that will be quite a change after being in a quiet house for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete