Friday, February 3, 2012

School: Week 2

January 23 to 27-

This was a harder school week since Ed was off work all week.  I did manage to sneak some educational things when we weren't busy doing things as a family.  Olivia also was tested for the ELP or gifted program for the local school district.  We won't find out if she has been accepted in the program until May!  It's killing me not being able to plan!  The school that I have chosen has all day Kindergarten (5 days a week) and is a Spanish Immersion class.  This is my first choice mainly because of the gifted part of it.  I have been afraid that Olivia will be bored in a typical Kindergarten setting.

Memorization: Olivia has pretty much mastered the first 3 Articles of Faith.  I am thoroughly impressed with her memorization skills.

We stopped at our local library (can I say here that I can't wait to have access to a fabulous library again after our move!) and picked up some easy readers for Olivia to do guided reading each day.  This is certainly helping her improve her reading skills.

Field Trip:  After Olivia's test for the gifted program and looking at student family housing on the university's campus we stopped at the Church History Museum and spent some time in the children's section.  The girls had a blast!


1 comment:

  1. Several of the kids in my son's gifted class were a few points off on the CoGAT, but the parents appealed, and they got in. (I'm not sure if they are in on probation or not). But I agree, the waiting is absolutely awful. I think that with my daughter I might just go ahead and pay for private testing ahead of time for my own peace of mind. There is a person in our area that will test for $400.

    ReplyDelete