Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Children at the Opera

Let me state here that I LOVE OPERA!  For many Americans, Opera tends to be something that you either love or hate.  Most, not all, Americans are not raised with it and first experience it as adults.  At least that was my case.  The first Opera that I saw was 'Don Giovanni' and have seen many since.  I remember when I took Ed to see his first Opera, 'The Barber of Seville', and he quickly fell in love with it.

I want to expose my children to as many good things as I can.  Today in the mail we received a new CD which Olivia was ecstatic about.
The Classical Child at the Opera

Olivia has been asking for sometime to go see an Opera.  Honestly she is only saying this because Ed and I went to the Opera recently and she wanted to go.  But now she talks of going to Opera when she turns 6.  The next season at the Opera includes 'The Magic Flute' which would be fun for her to see.  This CD gives her a chance to become familiar with a few of it's songs and many more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment