Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Playing Tourist

It FINALLY feels like Spring! It was a long winter that seemed to push its way into Spring. Seriously, 3 months of winter is too much at times, but adding a few more months has been painful! Here, our winters are full force. We get heavy snow storms, cold and I mean COLD temperatures, wind, ice, and frost. So I always look forward to the warm weather.

We have had pockets of nice weather. One day we were tempted with temperatures in the 50s and we were in heaven and the next day it would be windy, snowing and cold again.

It seems that Spring has finally arrived so we took that opportunity for our family night and decided to be tourist in our own city. It was fantastic! We only had time to explore the #1 tourist attraction in Salt Lake City, Temple Square. Perhaps we will have more nice days and play tourist at other sites. Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

Eduardo and Livy at the true center of the city. This is where the entire city is mapped out from. For those who have been to Salt Lake City, you may remember that the streets and city blocks are very square and large.
Temple Square was filled with gorgeous gardens. If I could only get my gardens at home to look this good! Of course they must have several gardeners to do the work.

Livy and I in front of the Salt Lake Temple.
A vibrant orange Iceland Poppy.

2 comments:

  1. This year, I am excited to take Mason to the Gateway and let him play in the fountains (although that may be more of a summer thing). We will have to go to Discovery Gateway while we're there, I'm sure, so it won't be entirely free. I think we'll also try to visit a couple of the events at Red Butte Gardens now that he's big enough to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sound like a nice place! I also like make the tourist even if it's in my town!

    ReplyDelete