Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cats do not belong in cars!

On Tuesdays we attend a playgroup. It has been a great way to get out of the house and yes, I do pack up all of the daycare kids and take them.

It is always a hassle to get the kids ready by putting on shoes and jackets. And dragging them out to the minivan (ah! It comes out....I drive a minivan! The horror!) figuring out which car seat for which kid, getting them buckled and keeping them buckled and trying to drive around the block before I loose my sanity. Honestly, I think I lost that a long time ago. 6 years of doing daycare can do that to a person.

So on Tuesday after we went through our normal routine of kicking and screaming, we were finally on our way to the playgroup. I got to the end of my street when I realized I had one extra passenger that I did not intend to take with me. There on the back seat was the cat! He must have snuck in while I was buckling up the kids. He didn't really seem to mind and for a moment I thought about taking him with us. The playgroup is right around the corner from us and I'm sure he could find his way home or even wait in the car. It really was his own fault for being in the car. But reason caught up with me and I turned around to take the cat home. I pulled him out, took him inside where he moped for the day.

Oscar de la Kitty

2 comments: