Friday, April 4, 2008

To Love a Coat

Livy has never really had a "lovey", something that she packs around. I have given her dolls and left out blankets, but nothing compared to her thumb. She has been a thumb sucker from a very early age. That is her only true comfort until now. She is obsessed, let me repeat, obsessed with coats and jackets.

It used to be that the first thing that she asked for in the morning was for me to turn on some music. I would pull her out of her crib and her little arm would start to sign music. Now she points to the closet and says multiple times, coat....coat....coat...coat.

I will indulged this new love and put on her coat or jacket. Then she will head into the living room to the coat rack and point to the jacket there. coat....coat....coat...coat. She wants to wear another coat, on top of the previous one.

We will go throughout our day and she will see my coat in my closet, or Eduardo's coat and it will start all over again. coat....coat....coat....coat. She wants to wear our coats!

This has certainly been an interesting love for her.

On top of this, she also has a passion for purses and bags.

What is your child's "lovey"?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, she is starting early! Purses already! Next it will be shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to carry around a wind up lamb that played Mary had a little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is also a girl who appreciates the art of accessorizing! It's so fun to discover their personal likes and preferences.

    ReplyDelete