Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, or maybe not

It is my birthday today and I honestly don't feel like celebrating. I have been depressed all day and in tears each time I think of that poor girl and her family. I can't help but think that we live is such a cruel world.

Last night, after I got the horrible news, the only thing that I could console myself with was the thought of going to sleep and for those few short hours escaping the world.

I will try to get my mind off of it by going shopping with Livy. I doubt that will help. Possibly tonight with the Girls Night Out group that I attend with some church friends. But I am sure that our conversation will lead to the topic that I will want to avoid.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Nicol, I have been thinking about you and your community this week. What a tragedy. I hope you can find some joy on your birthday, just being with your gorgeous daughter and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicol Happy Birthday! I am truly sorry about everything. I can't stop thinking now of what I would ever do if that ever happened to Lexie. Most people out don't think that would happen to there child, but it does. People are sick for hurting poor innocent children that don't deserve anything. They are perfect, but seem to get the worse of it.
    I love you Nicol and I hope your birthday went well, although your thoughts were on her.
    Love your Sister,

    ReplyDelete