Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time Change

I honestly really don't mind daylight savings time except for how difficult it is for children to adjust.  Olivia, like most things she does in her life, made an easy transition.  She is up every morning at 6:50, never fails!  Lucy on the other hand is struggling.

Adjusting nap times to the new time has been easy but bedtime and wake time has been a different story.  I tell myself every evening that we need to make it to 7:30p for bedtime but by 6:30p her little body is tired and cranky.  I don't want to deal with the whining, so often I cave and send her to bed at 7.  The half hour shouldn't make a huge difference but I desperately want her to sleep past 6:15a.  I'm craving those mornings a month ago when I was getting up an hour before anyone to have time to wake and properly start my day.

For a baby who has never been a good sleeper, what is the best way to get her to wake up no early than 7a?

No comments:

Post a Comment