Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blizzard Coming

Where I live is always windy but the wind is worse when a storm is coming in.  On more than one occasion I've had to gather up yard toys or my trash cans out of the neighbors yards.  Honestly the wind scares me a little.  I hate the sound and a small part of me is afraid of it damaging my house.

We have a blizzard warning in place today and with that come several hours of high winds.  I'm not looking forward to this!  To make the blizzard worse, there is one road into Eagle Mountain.  You have to take a state highway over the mountain and if the winds/snow are too bad they will close the road.

Eduardo is at work today and I'm little nervous for him to get home before the blizzard hits.  I don't want him to get stuck and be forced to wait out the storm as our neighbors have done in previous years.

As for me and the girls, we have planned a day mostly at home.  There is no need to go out in the wind or snow today.  I'm sure tomorrow will be the same when we have a temperature high of 17 degrees F (which is about -9 Celsius)!

I have a few preparations to get done before the blizzard and low temperatures hit like move the trash cans inside the garage (all the yard toys were picked up and stored earlier this fall) and remember to keep the water running in the faucets so I don't have frozen pipes again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending good thoughts your way! I wish it would be a little cooler I'm GA, I think our high today was 76 degrees!

    ReplyDelete