Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 1

Olivia excited to see her cousins.
Today we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year.  I love being together with family and having a wonderful meal together.

This year my sister hosted Thanksgiving at her house and even though it was impossible for us to all sit down to eat together it was still wonderful for all of us to be together.  Who knows, in a few years it may be impossible to be together so it's important that we can do this now.
We had the typical Thanksgiving meal, which for my dear friends in other countries I will go into detail tomorrow.

Even though this was technically Lucy's second Thanksgiving, it is the first one that she's be able to participate in.  Last year she was only one month old.
We had planned to start eating at 1pm but had to wait for the turkey to finish cooking.  While waiting, the kids kept sneaking food off the veggie tray. By the time we actually served the food, the olives, pickles and broccoli were gone.

After our feast, it's always nice to talk and catch up on everyone's lives.  The highlight of the afternoon was a wonderful duet on the cello and violin preformed by my nieces.  They were wonderful and I hope that they keep it up.  Earlier Olivia had headed over to grandma's house (which is next door) to play with the toys.  When I told her that her cousins were going to play she rushed back over.  Olivia was fascinated by the violin and Lucy had a huge grin on her face as she watched the cello.
Lucy and I.

It certainly has been a wonderful day!

Happy Thanksgiving!






Lucy and her daddy playing together.

Olivia asleep on the car ride home.  It is roughly an hour drive for us each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment