Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's time--living room projects

Working on another project! This one will be worth the "time!" Sorry for the stupid pun, I simply couldn't help myself.



Before I show you the finished project, there is something else that I changed in my living room.

I love how sometimes the smallest projects make the biggest difference! That is how I feel with my living room curtains! I loved the designer green striped fabric that I picked out months ago and I especially liked how the fabric pooled on the floor giving it a look of elegance. I personally did not like the size of the rod or the top of the curtain. So time for a change! (The before:)


The change may be a small one, but each time I walk into the room, I think about how much I like it. That is truly where it all matters! I purchased a longer rod so less of the window is covered. Naturally this makes the window look larger and more open. I also added the drapery rings to the top and LOVE it! I'm a little sad that the fabric no longer pools on the floor, but I still love the way it looks.


A fun view of the curtain top through the mirror on my mantle.


Over by my front door I had a bare little wall. It once houses coat hooks that really did not get me loving the space. So down they went and a bare Harvest Gold wall remained. I thought for sometime what I would put in this space and decided I needed a huge clock!



I love how this clock is directly on the wall. I would like to say that it was fairly easy to install, but since my darling husband did the work I'm sure it was easy for him. The trickiest part is making sure everything is level. This was an inexpensive kit over at Hobby Lobby, normally retailing for $30. I took it home on sale for only $15!


The next project is to find a table and lamp to go under my new clock!


Linking up to Kimba's DIY Day over at A Soft Place to Land.

9 comments:

  1. WOW...I LOVE this awesome clock. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drapes look great! And I love the clock! Putting DH to work already huh, now that he's home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you have done and that clock is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a clock like that on my kitchen wall when I was teaching my daughter to tell the time. I put stickers at the points like "quarter to" "half past" "25 past" etc etc - helped her no end - didn't look classy like yours but it was a great thing to do.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fall decorations and the CLOCK!!!! Oh, how I want to make one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore clocks!
    this clock rocks!

    way to go to you and the mr.

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! And I love clocks what a great idea. Does the clock make a ticking sound? If not I want to get one for myself.

    ReplyDelete