Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Autumn Mantle Decorations

My most favorite time of year is autumn. I love the crisp feeling in the air, the smells, the colors of the leaves and the sense of being closer as a family. Summer is too busy (not to mention hot) for me. I love how autumn slows things down and I get to think about upcoming holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!) and Christmas.

Bringing out the fall decorations is a huge treat for me. Being in a new house this fall has been both excited and a bit overwhelming on how to decorate. I love the decor from my old house and found a nice home for them here.

My living room mantle


A close up of the flower arrangement that I created last year.


You can see my favorite wreath here (hung on my old door) and some decor from last year.

I am linking up to the Fall Nesting Week over at the Inspired Room!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful mantle! Congratulations too on your new little one. What a wonderful blessing for you both. Have a lovely week!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I am in dire need of inspiration for my mantle. I want something different from last year. I love the idea of candles and I already have leaves. :)
    Beautiful mantle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pumpkin with the flowers. The mantle looks great! Happy Nesting~
    Robin
    All Things Heart and HOme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that you're gearing up nicely in your new home. How fun to experiment with your decor in a new place! Your mantle looks so crisp and fallish!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I think I am going to be doing some serious decorating for fall this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi....your mantel arrangement is lovely. Happy Fall.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too just moved and am trying to unpack.

    I think you did a fabulous job on the mantle and your fall floral arrangement.

    Remember to just take it one box at a time and we'll get through it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the pumpkin for the vase. Classy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely display. Fall is a wonderful time of year to celebrate harvests and family gatherings, always been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!
    I love the pumpkin on the mantle.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mantle but for me I'm not quite ready for fall yet and when it does come I hope it lasts as long as our spring did this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fireplace & mantel look great! I like your pumpkin arrangement:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fireplace looks adorable with the pumpkin! This reminds me so vividly of autumn and grandma's garden! Thanks for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post gave me the idea to have different mantle based on the season! I am addicted to the color white hence I have this color as the main theme of my house - but you just gave me the idea.

    ReplyDelete