Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why me!?

I finally have a working computer again, which I am very grateful for.  It is extremely slow, but I will make it work.

I really should finish the last couple days of our recent trip and that will follow soon.  Today is more or less what is on my mind.

Livy is being a pill lately and we have had several days, including today, where she is a cranky tired toddler which results in an angry mama.  She has been such a great sleeper that I simply don't know how to fix the problem.  She is fighting us with bedtimes, continues to get out of the bed (yes, sometimes she is poopy and I want her to get up for that) and gets up way too early.  The situation probably wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't exhausted from being pregnant.  By 8pm I am finished for the day and need to be in bed by 9p.  

Last night she fought us until past 10p.  This is odd for my little girl who never argued about going to bed at 730p.  It is still a good time because she is obviously tired.  She is waking up multiple times in the night for requests like chocolate milk, water or for us to fix her blankets.  Then she is up bright an early at 630a.  I can't handle this anymore.  I can't function because I am SO tired.  I have no idea what to do.

Today I am researching blackout curtains for her room.  Perhaps the sun is waking her at 630a or a passing school bus so perhaps a white noise machine.  The cats are now permanently locked in the finished basement at night (one woke me up in the wee hours of the morning with his bawling).   But getting her in bed is where I'm lost.  I can't take a nap during the day or go to bed until I know she is sleeping.  Any suggestions?

Other then that, today I am heading to the hospital for genetic testing.  There is no concern, it is one of the prenatal test that my doctor does with all expecting mothers.   Also, the test results from the blood work came back a while ago.  It appears that I had Fifth Disease as a child and therefor immune.  It was certainly a load off of my shoulders!

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes I have to lay down with Jack in order for him to take a nap. I bet she is just testing her limits. One of these day's she'll have to catch up on that sleep! But, I would really try to wear her out during the day - lots of physical activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you Nicol! We battled this with nathan off and on and I must say he is much better now! We usually lay down with him for about 10-15 minutes with his music on and within that time he falls asleep.

    Sometimes you have change your routine with them when it's just not working anymore. Nathan doesn't take afternoon naps anymore because if he does he won't got to bed until almost 11!

    Goodluck, I hope you find a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicol! That has got to be tough. I don't know what to say, but I hope it gets better. I am so glad to hear that you are immune to fifth disease, what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you recently get exposed to Fifth's? If you blogged about it, sorry I missed that post. Everyone at school seems to have it right now and we have a couple of pregnant teachers. My daughter got it last summer. And then I apparently got it from her. The only symptom I had was horrible finger joint pain. I actually rushed to get disability insurance in fear that I all of the sudden had arthritis (I am predisposed b/c I had childhood arthritis) and didn't want to be denied for disability insurance. As it turned out... I did not have arthritis (tests came back okay), and I did get disability BUT there was a addendum on my policy that due to my childhood arthritis, that would not be a qualifying condition for me. Bleh! So much for rushing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, also, re: Blackout curtains. What works JUST as well is just getting those thick shades roll down that Home Depot sells. They cost less than $5 each and block out all light but the edges. They work great in our kids room and our room too!

    ReplyDelete