Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feeling out of the loop

I use the Internet as a major lifeline.  It is my access to the outside world in so many ways.  Instead of phone calls, too many times I send a message on facebook or email.  It is also my source for news (in a way, I haven't watched the news in 7 years!  Too depressing!) and media considering we don't have a TV either.  

So what do I do when I wake up Friday morning to a near-dead laptop?  Let's say it was a rough day in which I accomplished much.  I had moments like when Livy was in bed for the night and Eduardo was in a meeting that I wondered around the house thinking, "Now what?"  But I survived. I am hoping to have my computer fixed this weekend so I can continue communicating with the outside world. 

In case you don't see me around in the blogging/facebook/email world, it probably means my lifeline is dead and I am deep cleaning something in my house.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicol! I can't imagine being without my computer! I hope that you get it fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry!! Fortunately I have an iPhone. Cuz I only have dial up at home so keeping up with things was a big problem before I got my iPhone. Hope you get it fixed too!

    ReplyDelete