Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trick-or-Treating for Eggs?

Every year for the past 14 years, my mother has had an Easter Egg Party for the granddaughters. (I can say granddaughters instead of grandchildren because she has no grandsons!) Each year she plans out a different craft, delicious food and some sort of hunt.

Due to the rain and snow, our outside hunt turned into a trick-or-treat. The teenagers and grandma went into various rooms in the house and the younger grand kids went around collecting their loot.


Olivia and I ready to start our trick-or-treat for eggs and surprises. Notice the sand pail being used as a basket. Every year my mom find some fun bag, basket or bucket for the girls to use. I love that it will be used for lots of sand fun this summer.


This year's craft, the girls made foam flower necklaces. Livy loves doing crafts! Of course, she loves taking them a part when we get home too. I believe all the children made a necklace or magnet for their mom's. You can see the one Livy made me in the first photo.

And no party is complete without food. I provided deviled eggs and my homemade potato salad. Unfortunately for me, there were no left-overs!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, she is too cute! She looks like she is having a blast! I love family traditions like that. When I was a kid we would have an Easter egg hunt with all of the cousins. Now that we are all older, we do a nightime flashlight Easter egg hunt. It's still a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition...one that they will probably do with their grands someday too...good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Livy looks like she's having the time of her life. So where are you going this weekend?

    ReplyDelete