Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Smarty Pants

I wanted to post this before Livy's second birthday (March 14th) but I was a little (okay a lot) under the weather.

What does Livy know before turning 2:
.
*All of her shapes including an octagon!
.
*All of her colors and most of the corresponding signs.
.
*Beginning to count. She can get to 4 and then skips several numbers. She is very fond of the number seven right now.
.
*Pick out most numbers and name them.
.
*Recognizes most of her letters out of order.
.
*Knows the sounds to several letters and the corresponding sign to go with them.
.
*Still signs on a regular basis even though her vocabulary is good enough to tell me exactly what she wants, most of the time at least.
.
*She has a wonderful memory and can recall things that we did together or said. If we are driving to a familiar place, she will recognize major buildings and know where we are going. Like when she sees St. Ann's she knows that Grandma is right around the corner. She has been talking about a small family outing we took over a month ago.
.
I am excited to see what we will learn this coming year!

7 comments:

  1. She is one smart little girl and so much of it is the fact she has two parents that spend quality time with her, they teach her right from wrong and talk to her normally and not use a lot of baby talk. She is a delight to be around and her family loves her very much...I love the fact that she likes to come to Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is darling of Livy. Crazy how much kids learn in just a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she has grown so much. I was so happy to see your news on FB today...congrats. I went back and saw the "release" post! I know ya'll are excited!

    I haven't been blogging lately...lots to say...just feel like I was losing my focus or something. I miss all of you and am trying to get back into it!

    Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised at all. You are a wonderful mom with a wonderful, beautiful, darling daughter. She's going to be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! It's lots of fun braggin on our own kids, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she is a beautiful and intelligent little girl. And, you have a fabulous haircut! I saw your post on Working Mum and had to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am VERY curious to know what types of activities you have found to help Livy memorize her numbers, colors and letters. I have a lot of ideas from going to school to be a teacher but I would love to hear what you are doing. Thanks! You can tell me on Facebook if you prefer :o)

    ReplyDelete