Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Very Exciting! UPDATED

Update:

First, thank you for the well wishes for our future arrival. I can't begin to express our excitement for this.

In many ways this baby comes to a surprise for us. We wanted to grow our little family, but considering it took me YEARS to get Livy, I wasn't expecting anything to happen so soon. It just tells me that it was time.

I have had so many people ask already when I am due and I wish that I had an answer. I figure sometime around the end of October but I could be off. I will have my first prenatal visit in a few weeks.

Livy is doing well, as well as 2 year old can. She will talk about the baby in my tummy but I don't think she fully understands the change that will take place. I have confidence though that this will be a fairly easy transition for her. She is such an easy-going child and with anything that I have thought would be difficult was a breeze. For example breaking the bottle and moving her to a big-girl bed.

I do want to state the I honestly was sick last week with the full fledged influenza, it was nothing to do with the baby. So far I haven't felt all that different expect for being a little extra tired. I have felt a little "different" for about 5 weeks and that is what lead me to take a home pregnancy test.

I look forward to future updates about my new "little bean!"

24 comments:

  1. Ahg! How exciting.

    Congratulations. Tell us more.

    Woot woot! I love hearing news like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! How exciting for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am so excited for you and your family! No wonder you have been so tired (besides having full blown influenza!) How far along are you? What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't believe what I saw. WOW! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a great way to announce it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!
    I love how you chose to announce it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey that's great and wonderful news :-) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicol-Congratulations!! I've been really worried when you said you have been so sick since moving into our ward. Glad to hear it will end rather nicely in about 9 months (give or take) *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congratulations! The flu, huh? *nudge, nudge, wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAAHHHHHH!!! You are so lucky! I am REALLY...REALLY happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jann, I actually have had the full influenza this past week. Ended up getting an IV on Friday for dehydration. I feel a little sick to my stomach now from baby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. NO WAY! WAhoooo! I am so excited for you! I love the way you announced it, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! We mentioned your photo at Tell Me Thursday for tomorrow. Please blog on the story behind your photo tomorrow and share the link with us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful news! And what a gorgeous way to break it on the blog! Livy will be a wonderful big sister and the perfect age (in my opinion!) to help out and understand. Looking forward to sharing the adventure with you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Nicol!!!!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's super exciting!!
    Congratulations!!
    thanks for sharing - looking forward to the updates

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! October is a wonderful month to give birth. Why you ask?
    Because you have a good 7 months to lose the baby weight before summer!! At least that is how I look at it (my last was born on 10/24).

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I missed your initial announcement! How exciting for you and the family!

    ReplyDelete