Monday, December 29, 2008

How about those pajamas!

I love how Christmas is a merge of traditions. Some traditions we say "goodbye" to and other we warmly welcome into our homes.

One tradition that we have kept from my childhood was getting to open one gift on Christmas Eve and it was always pajamas. I do remember as a child not likely this and wanting to open a real gift, but as an adult I feel like those simple things are what ties us together.

This Christmas was no exception.

Livy opening her "monkey" pajamas.

Trying to put them on. She was able to get one leg in and then said, "stuck! stuck!"

In our pajamas on Christmas Eve.

5 comments:

  1. Cute! This was the first year that I heard so many people do this. It sounds like a fun tradition that I wish we had. I would love to all wear new jammies on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! When Livy gets older the two of you can do matching pajamas. The whole family can coordinate. I have a good friend that has done this all her life and she has carried on the tradition this year for her daughter's first Christmas. www.healdfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment about the chairs. I don't really care for animal prints either, they can seem so "not very classy". And they are loud. Have you seen the little girls (Livy's age!) wearing leopard print outfits? Not just clothes with leopard accents, but full on animal prints! I've seen little girls in leopard print bikinis! Not okay! Whoa... sorry to go on like that. You are awesome, Nicol. Thanks for reading my crazy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have done pjs on Christmas eve for several years. It is really fun!
    Toni
    http://thehappyhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE do that same thing, but Nathan and I don't receive pajamas, just the kids. It was great fun having them open them up. It is fun to see how many people actually do this, it's great!

    ReplyDelete