Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moving in and getting ready for the holidays

I am happy to announce that we have finally moved into our new house a little over a week ago. Although I am still busy unpacking boxes, I'm sure you understand how long of a process this can be, I am trying to get ready for the holidays.

Two holidays projects have been completed which I will feature here later this week and ALL of my shopping has been completed. You may think that is pretty impressive, but I had to do something while living with my in-laws.

We have also started some home-improvement projects on our new house. The house is in great shape but I feel that it is important for me to leave my mark on the house or to simply make it my own. I am very excited to share those improvements soon including the one that my dh slaved away all weekend.

Do you want to see a picture of my house? I am typing this on my husband's laptop since mine has decided to get sick (a stupid virus) and will not let me get on the Internet. (The thought makes me get stressed out....how am I supposed to communicate with the outside world!!) Did I not mention that we have moved somewhere rural where we are surrounded by fields of sagebrush and it is 10 miles to the nearest grocery store?

Back to the house. The only picture of our new house on dh's laptop is horrible in my opinion. One that we took when we first looked at the house. (For those who have shopped for houses recently, do you take pictures of the houses too. We found it easier to review at the end of day.) I have some better ones that I will post once we find a vaccine or an anti-virus for my laptop.


You want details you may ask. Going from our old house with only 1000 sq ft, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and no room for growth (basement was dirt), we feel a little out of place in a house as large as we purchased. We weren't going for a huge house, after 8 failed offers we simply wanted anything in our price range! Our new house has 6 bedrooms with a separate office, 4 bathrooms, fireplace, jetted tub and has a large yard for the area. Plenty of room for growth and an extra bedroom to use as a craft room. That will be a future project.

7 comments:

  1. This is so funny. I was going to email you this morning to see what was going on with the house. Wow!! 6 bedrooms! Now you get to have the fun of filling them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!

    I hope you are very happy in your new home, and I look forward to seeing your classy and sophisticated home improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is gorgeous, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *previous comment removed because the author cannot proof-read her own work*

    The picture of the house isn't awful, but I could've made it through the day without seeing your realtor's bum ;) I can't wait to drive out to eastern Tooele to see you! (once you're settled of course) Lest you forget, it's not that far away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really nice from the outside! I hope you got the painting done this weekend that you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's baaaaaaack!

    What a lovely home.

    and 6 bedrooms and 4 baths?????!!!

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete