Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy Holidays!

It's that time of year when I update my planner with the events and such for the coming year. This year I have gone completely digital by using Outlook that syncs to my Blackberry. Much better then the paper version that gets beat up by July!

I did a search on wikipedia for various holidays and found some very interesting holidays that I might include. It might be fun for Livy, in the future, to participate in non-offical holidays like International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Here are some of the odd and not so odd holidays that I found:
Bubble Gum Day--Feb 1
Friendship Day--first Sunday in August
International Talk like a Pirate Day--Sept 19
International Yak Day--April 29
Mole day (not the animal, this has to do with Chemistry)--Oct 23
Monkey Day--Dec 14
National Gorilla Suit Day--Jan 31
National Hugging Day--Jan 21
No Pants Day--first Friday in May (wearing a skirt would count, right?)
Opposite Day--Jan 25
Sweetest Day--3rd Sat in Oct

What other odd holidays do you celebrate or know about?

4 comments:

  1. these are interesting holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I know about is already on your list- International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I was working on this day this past year, and all the dispatchers were really into it. They'd reconfigured the phoenetic alphabet and were regularly working it into radio speech. We, as a group, don't get out much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dec 16 is chocolate covered anything day...love this day because I love chocolate and it is also stupid toy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. National Chocolate Cake Day is in March I think.... That's my favorite weird holiday! :o)

    ReplyDelete