Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reading

Olivia making bookmarks.  


Since moving, we went the the library for the first time this week.   Oh what I glorious place!  I truly feel that way.  We had a small library in our last city but it was not just small but nearly every book was old and donated from someone.  It's a great way to begin a library, but not if you want to read current books.

Now we're in a place with a County Library system and a City Library.  My lists of books to read is becoming longer and I feel more like me.

While at the County Library, I signed us up for the Summer Reading program.  Olivia must read 20 minutes a day and Lucy needs to sit while being read to.  For me, I must read 8 books in the next 2 months and then we will all receive a free book.  This should be a simple task for us, as long as we don't get distracted.

I hung up the reading charts in the girl's room and so far they are excited to mark off their reading.  I truly hope that this becomes a life long habit for them.  

1 comment: