Monday, June 4, 2012

It's starting to feel like home...kind of!

So I have a new apartment.  This is married student family housing at the university and the apartments are tiny.  But I won't complain, the people around me are AWESOME!

I've been working hard for the past week to unpack and attempt to decorate.  It's been extremely difficult trying to figure out where to put everything.  So many things that I love will go into storage and I may find them a new home soon.  I truly believe that simple is better or less is more.

I love decorating and I think that my living room is practically finished.  So here are some pictures of my itty-bitty living room.

First--this is the view from the front door.  You can see straight into the kitchen.  The kitchen still has A LOT of work.

The entire apartment is painted white with purple carpet; carpet which shows EVERYTHING.

The entry-way on the left heads to the bedrooms and bathroom.



I still need to have Ed hang the clock up.  We are in a basement apartment and I'm grateful for the large windows.





Even with the large windows, I had to go lamp shopping.  Found a great deal on 4 lamps for $50.


My new family wall!


I loved this picture set up in my last house and had to do it here.



7 comments:

  1. Those are some nice looking pics on your wall. :) It looks wonderful Nicol. I'm glad you're settling in.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with the place!! What did you use for your curtain over your closet? I need to do that! I love the pictures, you'll have to come see mine sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the posts! Sounds like you're making lots of friends and keeping busy. I think your apartment looks super cozy! I can't believe how much you've already done. I miss you lots! I know you're not that far away but I think about you everyday and how I can't just call you to come play or work out. We'll have to plan a day to get together once life for you get's more settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you're doing really well. I know the people there are lucky to have you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good to me! As far as I know you, I'm sure you will be doing just fine there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love that your coffee-table/trunk has storage capabilities. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete