Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Preparing- Cleaning, Inventory, Legal

I am a planner.  I like to think that I make my life a little easier by planning and trying to prepare for things even if those things are uncertain at this point.  While we wait to see if Ed passes the FSOT or if he gets invited for an Oral this fall, I feel that I must do something to prepare.  Naturally I don't want to do anything that is only FS related so I'm working on things that need to be done no matter what.

There are three major things that I am doing right now.

1.  I am deep cleaning my house.  Going through every box, sorting, purging, organizing and getting rid of anything we don't need or use.  My thoughts are:  If we do the FS I'll be one step a head of pack-out.  I'll still have a lot more to trim down, but this will be a huge start.  If the FS doesn't work out, I get to have a clean and organized home.  I'm a clean person and love order!

2. I'm making a home inventory.  Thoughts:  Again will be needed for pack out and if our things get lost or damaged.  And if we don't move out of our house for the next 10 years, I'm prepared in case there is a fire or water loss.  

3. Legal Documents.  Tomorrow we have an appointment with our attorney to draw up our wills, power of attorney, trusts, etc.  Something else that is needed if we live overseas but also much needed if we stay here.  

Who knows where life will take us, but either way I'm preparing!

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! Like you said, those are things that everyone should do no matter what, and you'll be that much ahead.

    ReplyDelete