Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

This year I am focusing on making some fun family traditions & memories and with that why not celebrate Chinese New Year!

I made some felt fortune cookies last month that I've been so excited to use.  But with being sick I completely forgot to pick up some Hershey Kisses to put in the middle.  So we didn't use them.


I wanted to see what they would look like filled so I stuffed them with tissues.  Lucy quickly thought it would be fun to empty them.  At least they got a little use out of them until next year. 



Our decorations:  The girls have loved looking at the dragon above the table all day.



Chinese New Year wouldn't be complete without the children opening Red Envelopes.  Olivia was excited to see that it held money.

Dinner of course was Chinese food.  Olivia loves using Chopsticks and these made it super easy for her.  If you look closely they look like giant clothes pins.  Genius idea!


Lucy wanted to have a try with chopsticks too.


No comments:

Post a Comment