Friday, February 4, 2011

Black-Eyed Monkey *Updated Again*

Lucy is a climber.  Not the occasional climb on something to explore, she climbs on anything and everything.  Our kitchen chairs have taken up a permanent place on top of the table for the mer fact that she will use the chairs to climb on top of the table.

This afternoon I caught her trying to climb out of her crib after her nap.  Mind you, she may be 15 months old but the size that Olivia was at 9 months.  She's too little to be doing this sort of thing.

At snack time today I strapped Lucy into her high chair.  I always use straps.  I was standing right next to her when she wiggled her way out, stood up and tumbled onto the tile floor below.  She quickly calmed down to reveal a bloody tongue and the start to a black-eye.  Lovely!


The start of a black-eye
She will be my child who ends up with broken bones and stitches.

How is her eye looking a few hours (first photos are a few minutes) after her fall?

Yep, I'm expecting it to be black and blue tomorrow morning.


Saturday morning:

It's actually not as dark as I thought it would be, thankfully.  Hopefully it doesn't progress any further.


Lucy's black eye is finally starting to turn that yellow/green color.  You can see how big it actually got.   Thankfully it didn't end up as dark as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment