Sunday, March 8, 2009

New holiday tradition

Back in January, as I was browsing the fabric store for material to make curtains, I came across some fun fabric. My mind started thinking as what I could make with it and decided how fun would it be for a child to have a special pillowcase for each holiday!


This weekend I was finally able to work on this long over-due project. I had major sewing machine problems along the way, but ended up with two darling pillowcases for Livy's bed. And more to come as the fabric comes available.

I hope that this simple project will be something that Livy looks forward to in the future. I want the holidays to be special for her and something that she looks forward to.

I was considering making a tutorial for this. Is there anyone interested?

12 comments:

  1. Oh...me, me, me, please!! I am interested!!!! I was just thinking the other day how fun it would be to make DD some fun pillowcases. :)

    I must add, I ADORE that fabric. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! We had pillowcases like that growing up so it brings back fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do a tutorial! I have always wanted to make fun pillowcases. Livy's are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids LOVE their holiday pillowcases. It is super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd never have thought of this - but what a great idea.

    I like anything that leads towards a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Holiday pillowcases! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that is a sweet idea! I don't really sew, but hey maybe even *I* could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very interested!! I'm not a good sewer but even I can sew a pillowcase right? hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabrics!

    Nicole, you are a true domestic goddess. I aspire to be a classy and sophisticated as you! Do the tutorial and keep blogging your fab ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great idea!!! Your pillowcases turned out super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes!! How cute is that? (and easy enough that I could do it!) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea and a tutorial would be perfect for those of us craft challenged individuals (Spinning, Weaving easy peasy - sewing not so much:D)

    Found your blog today from a friends reference to your Christmas Matchbox project. Thanks for sharing the inspiration - Jean

    ReplyDelete