Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To love a pear

I love how things sometimes come together in just the right way that I feel joy whenever I see them. My pears make me feel this way. On Friday, after the furnace repair man came, I headed out to a favorite store of mine to use a gift card that Eduardo received from his work. I was on the hunt for decor for my kitchen, mainly to go on top of the cabinets.

Decorating the tops of cabinets is rather new to me considering my last house had beautiful custom cabinets (how I loved you!) that went pretty much to the ceiling.

After my personal opinion of a successful decor of the dust trap (plant shelf in living room) I figured that I would do something along those lines here. I needed one thing to start with to give me inspiration. Something that would help with colors and texture in the room.


I had recently painted the walls in the adjoining dining room chocolate and creme and Eduardo hung up a beautiful chandelier. There was also a red rug that has made it's home in several houses.
Once at my favorite store, I headed to the kitchen section to see what things would inspire me. That is when I found a bag full of pears; beautiful pears in golds and reds. I knew that would be a perfect accent for my kitchen. Just an accent mind you, I don't like to do themed rooms but something to carry throughout the room.


I still have a few more things to purchase and move around before I can call this space complete. Until then, I have my pears to bring me joy!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty. Don't you just love adding things from nature to a room? I don't like to themes either, but little bird things are starting to pop up in various rooms of my house. I had space above the cabinets in my last house, but in the new one I don't. I miss it! Little accent pieces are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, I love your pears too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pears! They look so yummy and WARM!

    ReplyDelete