Friday, February 20, 2009

My Baby's love

Months ago Livy's bedtime routine involved taking one stuffed animal to bed. It was always her precious owl and soon added baby to the mix. Now the baby population has exploded!

Even though Livy will be turning 2 in a few weeks, I feel that she is old enough to help out around the house. Simple chores like putting her dirty clothes in the hamper or "helping" me make her bed.

Several days ago she helped me put all her babies in the basket next to her bed, pull the blankets up, and put on the decorative pillows. She stayed in her room while I went off to gather laundry or some other never ending household chore. When I came back in, she proceeded to tell me that her babies were sleeping. This is what I found:

Bed full of babies all tucked in.

Yep, that is the beloved Santa (or Nasty as Livy calls him) all tucked in.


Piled up on the pillows.


Can't forget the first and favorite love--"Owl Baby."



A puppet from the play room. From our Music Makers class, Livy will walk around singing the "La La" song with the puppet.



Second baby love peeking out from behind the pillow.




And we can't forget her current passion for Tinkerbell!

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Nathan in always doing fun things like that, I think this is my favorite age! Oh and when we do get moved in I'd love to have you and livy over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! She is such a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! Mason has taken to putting mom and dad to bed. We recently got some of those "Space Saver" bags, and he wanted to "vaccuum" all his "animals". Since they got stored, we're the next options. I would MUCH rather he do it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw bless! My daughter's bedtime menagerie has exploded recently, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Both my kids started putting away utensils from the dishwasher at about this age. Perfect "sorting" job for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicol,
    I have a 2 year old too she is my yougest of 4 girls and she does do chores. she helps put the laundry from washer to dryer and helps put some dishes in the dish washer but the biggest help is she puts her shoes on they have a velcro strap and washes her hands by herself gets the stool out and everything. I think she watches all the big sisters and learns. but it is a big help. so horay for you and her. good job!

    purdy wallcovering

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of my daughter's bed. I was just laughing with my husband last night about all the different things she has in her bed! I love how your daughter tucked them all in. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete