Friday, February 27, 2009

Recipe Organization

Of late, my recipes have exploded in the cupboard. Maybe blame it on too many tempting dishes that I want to make, or pure laziness; telling myself I will sort through it later.

I like to keep my recipes in a binder. Until now, they were scattered, some shoved in the front for future reference and not in any particular order.


For Christmas I received a new binder to hold my recipes. Each is now organized by appetizer, soups & salads, main course and such. Each category is broken down even further into chicken dishes, pork, beef, pasta, etc.

Each recipe is put into a page protector in case of spills or splashes.


And divided protectors for smaller recipe cards.



The best part is that it looks good enough to keep open on my counter with a cook book stand.

12 comments:

  1. Is that my white chili recipe I see??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I get a strange masochistic kick out of your blog.

    Our cookbook cupboard is leaking newspaper cut outs and hand written recipes (with notes on US/UK conversions for texas sheet cake etc etc).

    So this is how it should be done.

    Somehow it doesn't work that way in this house.

    (Note to self: must try harder).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I redid my recipe book a couple of years ago so it's all uniform and whatnot...and yours looks tons better! Plus, I did mine in a landscape style so I can't use a stand. :( I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! That's a beautiful binder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I to went through my recipes and started a binder but I fell off the neat wagan and my binder inserts are not holding some.... well alot of the recipes. It is hard work to stay organized and do the cooking and then doing the dishes from the cooking. I have sticky notes like bookmarks in my favorite recipe books so I can get to them fast. Thanks for sharing you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very nice. That's a gorgeous cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great system, and your cookbook looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just done exactly the same! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a binder girl too. I have a binder for recipes (you have just inspired me to reorganize mine), home decorating ideas, gardening and holiday menus. I also jumped on the whole flylady home management binder bandwagon as well. I feel like I am back in school with all of my binders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new binder! Your organization looks great and you're right about it looking pretty enough to keep open on the counter. Nice work on managing a system you already had in place and making it just a little bit better. Happy Cooking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the binder! I have a card box, but am never happy with it and can't find anything fast - I may have to ask for a binder for my birthday:)

    ReplyDelete