Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Flowers

I LOVE flowers! There is something about a well groomed garden that is very pleasing to me. I have been working on my garden for several years now. You wouldn't be able to tell that with the sparse flowers. Last fall I tore everything up and reworked the soil, and later replanted a few things. I am very pleased with this year's flowers and looking forward to planting more!
My Turkish Poppy. I was trying to purchase a vibrant red Oriental Poppy, but I am having a harder time finding one.
My rose garden. As related to this post and this post. It looks fantastic compared to what the photo is capable of showing. In front of the roses I planted some Yarrow which has taken over! It will have to be thinned or the garden widened.
As I was out water the drive strip this morning, I noticed how gorgeous this bush was! And the smell....mmmmm!



Old fashioned bleeding hearts. I have also had the pink variety.
My light pink Iris. I have been waiting for two years for this to bloom having no idea what color it would be and it is wonderful. I also have some pure white ones. A neighbor across the street who is a breeder, and gave these to me.

6 comments:

  1. Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita...
    !?...passavo per un saluto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the garden is looking good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. I went to go take pictures of my bleeding heart plant and the blooms were all shriveled up, so sad. They were looking great on Wednesday. Love your apron, so sweet that they made one for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you having a garden. Not many of them in Paris.

    ReplyDelete